Chicago's the greatest

Chicago's the greatest

Friday, February 17, 2012

One Dumb Page






One Dumb Page
By Jon Slone






Something is wrong with a page in my book.
It’s page 99 if you wanna take a look.
It might be the flu or its stomach’s upset.
But the page isn’t hard and the words are still wet!

I looked a bit closer
I was paper to chin.
Then I lost my darn footing and I fell right in!

The book was real good
I liked that Corey.
And Lori who lived in the town Hunky Dorey.
The dialogue was sweet
It was gruesome and gory.
Then one dumb page went and ruined the story!

I’m stuck in this book!
It’s a thick paper cage!

Maybe you’ll see me when you turn the page.

A word to the wise
For those I’ve not met.
Stay back a safe ways
If the words are still wet!






Jon Still-In Slone

1 comment:

  1. What a clever, adorable poem....I love paper to chin..and the words being still wet...I have felt like I had fallen into the pages of a book but it was never this amusing. I really enjoyed this...it is charming and really you are smiling the entire time you are reading...good job...

    ReplyDelete